Huntsville, AlabamaWELCOME TO HUNTSVILLE
This city in Alabama is home to the US Space and Rocket Center and is located in Madison County in the Appalachia region. This city was the first incorporated city in Alabama in 1811. This city is also known as “The Rocket City” because of its close association with US Space missions.
Places to Visit
- US Space and Rocket Center- This is a museum with rockets and space artifacts.
- Monte Sano State Park- This park is present at the top of a mountain and is known for its scenic beauty.
- Huntsville Botanical Garden- It is a beautiful botanical garden in Huntsville with a butterfly house and children’s area.
- Madison County Nature Trial- It is a scenic mountain park and has a lake by its side.
- Harmony Park Safari- It is a park which has exotic and endangered species that interact with your vehicle.
- Big Spring International Park
- Burritt on the Mountain- It is an open air museum and also has a historic mansion with restored 19th century decor.
- Huntsville Museum of art- It is a museum and center for many activities in Alabama. A good family spot to visit.
- Alabama Constitutional Village
- Huntsville Depot Museum
Where to stay
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Huntsville- This hotel has an indoor pool, a spa and an American restaurant and complimentary breakfast.
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Huntsville- It is a sophisticated hotel and has a patio, a pool and free Wi-Fi and breakfast.
- The Westin Huntsville- This is a traditional hotel with posh rooms and has casual dining and a fitness center.
- Extended Stay America Huntsville- This is a casual hotel with free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast.
- Clarion Inn- It is a budget hotel and has a gym and an outdoor pool with complimentary breakfast.